One of the really neat new companies we have the privilege of working with is www.Authenticity50.com, a manufacturer of high quality, 100% USA made bedding. A visit to their web site will convince you they are the type of company you want to do business with and their bedding is something you can look forward to at the end of a long day.
I recently saw their finished box in our office and I took notice on how well it turned out. It is not even about the graphic design, which is attractive and somewhat understated. It is how well the graphics are laid out and how they include everything that should appear without it ending up looking too busy or cluttered.
Here is what should be included in every subscription or e-commerce box design:
- Your web address – you would be surprised how often that is left off. You never know who else is going to see it.
- An eco-message – reminding customers you are using a good, green product and what to do with it afterwards, is always a good idea.
- Reinforce the primary product feature – in this case “Made in the USA”
- Social media icons – a must today!
- Twitter hash tag – #seedtostitch
- Kraft out/white board construction – highly recommended for most applications because it travels well and looks great inside when it arrives.
- Shipping label locator marks – for consistency and packing efficiency.
Rush delivery should never mean rush design
Custom printing and branding your packaging and boxes is a great idea and the only people who ever regret doing it, is people who are in a hurry and forgot details they later wish they had added. This usually means an unhappy customer, and sometimes new print plates have to be created.
After the final graphic design is approved by our customers, we typically ship a first time order within two weeks, so you can afford to take your time and do it right.
For great bedding, contact the people at Authenticity 50. For great subscription and e-commerce packaging, contact us at Salazar Packaging or call us at 630-551-1700. We are confident we can help you create the branded look you want at the lowest possible cost.