Many of our first-time order-related questions center around graphic art and design. This is to be expected, because while many of our customers are experts in their respective fields/industries and products, they often are not packaging experts, so they rely on our trusted experience and track-record to guide them through the experience. Fortunately, we’ve been through the process literally millions of times, so we likely won’t encounter a question we haven’t seen.
Below are some of the graphic art and design FAQs and their answers to help save you time as you consider your custom packaging creative options.
- Q: What is the graphic design process for a custom box?
- A: Once a size is selected, we send you the template for that size to place your design/art as you want it printed. As part of the order process, we then make a print proof (digital) from that artwork for you to review before printing, as well as send you any necessary ink/color swatches
- Q: Can Salazar Packaging create graphic art for us?
- A: We are structural designers but not graphic designers. But we can put you in touch with several excellent graphic artists who have designed art for packaging, and we have worked with many times before
- Q: In how many days can we expect a print proof?
- A: Digital print proofs typically are created in no more than two or three business days with order
- Q: Can art still be modified during the process?
- A: Yes, this is the purpose of the print proofs, after all. Changes can be made up until the point when the print proofs are signed with full approval
- Q: Will you place my artwork for me?
- Q: How will I know if the art is placed correctly on the template?
- A: No worries, while we create the print proofs, we will be on the lookout for anything that needs to be corrected for proper printing (sizing, printability, readability etc.) and notify you of the changes as you review them
- Q: Do I need firm, final artwork for a price/quote?
- A: While firm, final art is necessary to proceed on an order, for estimated pricing, there is some flexibility. The main thing we need is to know how many colors will be printed, and the approximate ink coverage inside and out. For a firm quote, however, as we typically say, we need firm art
- Q: Does the art effect the pricing?
- A: Absolutely! It’s one of the most important factors, along with quantity. Ink coverage and number of colors printed inside and outside, most specifically
- Q: Can you work directly with my graphic designer?
- A: We are more than happy to answer your designer’s questions, as we understand some graphic artists are excellent at what they do, but may be new to the world of packaging design
If you have any additional questions that weren’t addressed above, please reach out to us via any of the contact links below and we will be happy to walk you through the process.
Please Contact Us Today
As always, if you have any questions on any of our products or services, one of our branded packaging advisors is standing by to assist, with decades of experience behind them. Want to know more about custom packaging options? Please call us at 630-551-1700 or contact us via email at www.SalazarPackaging.com.